5 Social Media Tips from Ryan Knapp:
- Social Media is not free. Yes, it is essentially free to utilize; however, in order to use it well, it takes time, which is cost. So it is important to know what social media outlets would give your company value (benefit over cost).
- Make the networking come to you. He shared a story about how a young guy created a place for soccer people to discuss things online bringing the networking to him.
- Don't just send a resume. Make a full "I want a job" campaign. He shared another story about a lady who used the hashtag #IwanttoworkforDR (Digital Royalty). She would post blog posts to Twitter and tweet things of why she should work there. She works there now.
- Social Media can be utilized for "Social Good". It is a great way to promote and bring people together for a cause.
- It is just a tool just try something. Do. Tools should play off your ability to do. Social Media is like legos. There are instruction booklets out there, but you need to build your own car. (Hence, the awesome Twitter graphic made from legos!)
That is what social media boils down too: tools that allow you to Build Your Own Cathedral.
My favorite power point image used:
I hope you laugh at this picture as much as I did, and don't leave rude commentz...unless you want to. ;)Pin It