Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle Literally

Wow,
this Seattle trip has truly been an adventure with little sleep.
I thought I would share as overview of my trip with you guys, 
and I will share more details of what I learned later this week.


To start off with, I successfully rode in an air plane alone for the first time.
It was scary,
but I am awesome. ;)


I had a great time with my roommate, Veronica, from Austin, Texas at St. Edward's University, and we hung out with her Texas friends and their roommates as well.



Friday started with a open forum with different Chapters.
I gained so much from this time just asking how other people do their PRSSA Chapters. I even got an very viable solution to a problem in our Chapter from a National Committee member.

Then we had some leadership sessions.
I especially appreciated the session on how Chapters can get involved at the National level.


That afternoon was free.
It was filled with exploring Pike Place Market, eating good food, and of course going to the wrong Starbucks.

That night we had a networking function with Edelman, a large PR firm.
Later, we went to dinner at the Fox Sports Bar
and went to bed early.


Saturday was all about National Assembly.
We started at 7: 45 am and ended at 5: 30 pm with only an hour break for lunch.
It definitely hailed over lunch.
It was all worth it to vote the 2011-2012 PRSSA National Committee:



That night I visited some coffee shops with Robbie and Katie, my youth minister and his wife at my church back home. It was so good to see them and drink coffee other than Starbucks.

The morning involved a speaker from Microsoft, Frank X. Shaw, Corporate Vice President, Corporate Communications, saying good bye to last year's National Committee, and getting pumped for National Conference in Orlando, Florida.

I am so excited about National Conference this year,
and I hope to convince other people in my chapter to be as well!

It was a great weekend.
It was incredibly refreshing to be surrounded by people as passionate as PR and school as I am.
I will not easily forget all the wonderful people I met in Seattle,
and I can't wait to get to know them more this year.

I loved my adventure in Seattle!!!
I will definitely be catching up on my sleep for a while...
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and the blog! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The Starbucks looks great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete