Tuesday, June 21, 2011

An Inconvenience Rightly Considered

First of all, I want to apologize for the absence.
Quito kept calling my name making it hard to stand still at a computer for too long.

Second of all, I want to thank everyone again who guested blogged for me while I was away. I hoped you all enjoyed hearing from different people this month.

I want to share with you about my month in Ecuador little by little.
First, I want to take about a tiny little coastal town called Puerto Lopez.


It was so charming and refreshingly simple.
That was not my first response, however.


I read a quote in my journal that said:
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

That pretty much sums up the weekend at Puerto Lopez.


We were told we were going to the beach and staying in a hotel.
Well, apparently, a hotel/resort on the beach is the same thing as a dirt floor hostel with mosquito nets in the middle of nowhere.

I had my first miniature freak out at this point because I was not prepared for "roughing it" that weekend.
I had my good little cry, washed up in our sink that fell off the wall, and dried off with towels that did not cover all the important parts.
(If you know what I mean.) 


I gave it a chance though,
and I am so glad I did.


Our group fell in love with this tiny coastal town.
Tiki huts lining the beach created a super fun night life,
and even though we had a ghetto hostel,
it turned out to be a charming little place.


 

We ate all our meals at this cute little restaurant called Restaurant Spondylus for every meal.
It was so delicious and fabulous to have seafood right from the ocean,
and to have soda in glass bottles with fun straws.
the little things



We went to Isla de la Plata by boat,
which was an experience.
It is nicknamed a "Poor Man's Galapagos".
We went on a hike to see some wild life, 
and then plunged right into the ocean for snorkeling. 


This was a huge feat for me,
because I am not a very good swimmer.
But I did it
with the help of my lovely friends Molly and Amy.


What started as an inconvenience truly turned into a charming adventure,
and I have four dresses to prove it.

;)

-Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment