10) I want to leave room to DREAM.
So I have been thinking a lot about adventures I want to take over the last couple of months. For much of my life, I have been focused on getting out of America--seeing the WORLD. I love other cultures and languages and traditions. I have always fast forward through American history classes and over-studied zealously for World history classes. I take culture classes like it was my major or something (it is not).
Anyway, I got to thinking the other day how as much as I want to see the world, I really haven't see much of my own backyard, which is a shame. I have been to Chicago, Colorado, Ohio, Texas, and I am told that I went to New York as a baby (which doesn't count).
America is such a melting pot, and I have neglected to consider all the rich culture I could find in it.
New Possible Plan: 1)Take my last General Education course, Geography. 2)See America. 3)Tour and volunteer at non-profits and drink good coffee in that city.
In other words, I am considering visiting some close friends across the States, staying with them for a week or so, setting up a volunteer gig at a local non-profit, and visiting the local coffee shops.
For example, my beau's mom lives in Tulsa, OK. I have thought about visiting her for a week or so, volunteering at the Hispanic library (because they have a large Hispanic population) and frequenting a shop like Topeca to learn more about their coffee process.
I want this to involve a train as a side note.
1) Visit Travis' mom in Tulsa, OK and volunteer at the Hispanic library and go to Topeca.
2) Visit Robbie and Katie Britt in Seattle, WA. Possibly tour World Vision Headquarters and visit as many coffee shops as possible.
3) Visit my current roommate Mallory Roth and former co-worker Jon Freihofer in Portland, OR. Drink LOTS of coffee.
4) Visit my friends, Jay and Amber, in Pittsburgh, PA. They are doing some great work with Americorp, and I know their is a lot of coffee and history there.
5) Visit my friend Lizzy in St. Louie, hang out with the Kaldi's coffee crew, and possibly work with Three Avocados, a non-profit coffee company.
6) Visit my Aunt Pam in Nashville, Tennessee. She is a PR professor at Belmont University.
7) Visit my former RA, Megan Eubanks, in Chicago, IL, check out World Vision, and Intelligentsia.
8) Go home to Cape Girardeau, MO to be a part of the re-opening of my mom's cafe, and possibly work with Room for One More, an adoption awareness non-profit.
9) Visit my cousin, Christy, in California. Period.
10) Tour Compassion International in Colorado Springs, CO.
11) Visit my Aunt Sue in Indiana.
12) See a Broadway show in New York...for no apparent reason. :)
Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?Pin It