Friday, December 10, 2010

I Got a Pen

 So I got a new pen this week...

This doesn't mean a whole lot to any of you, but the reason I got the pen means a lot to me. 


I am a PR student, as you may know. This semester, I was in Dr. Dyer's Public Relations Writing Class. We got "clients" to write our pieces on; mine was AIDS Project of the Ozarks. And Dr. Dyer always encouraged us to get our work published.

Well, this past Wednesday, I had my first PR piece published in the Springfield News-Leader.


Dr. Dyer promised a pen if we got published. It says: 
"Personal Excellence Award
Dr. Dyer says: Well Done".

I have had pieces in the paper before, but not like this one. The News-Leader did not ask me to write it (nor did they pay me for it); I annoyed them until they put it in the paper. Well, annoy might be a strong word--you get the picture.


Do you know what the best part was though? The first person to congratulate me that I did not tell was my former supervisor at Ozarks Food Harvest. Lindsey Neddenriep tagged me in a her Facebook status, and it made my day.

The best part of the pen is it lights up!

If the coolness of this pen is any indicator of my future in PR, I would say it is bright! ;)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I didn't know this Beth (do you get mad when people call you that?) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I bet you're totally stoked. And that pen is seriously awesome. :)

    :o)Sarah
    restlessromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the etching on the pen-- you'll be sure to be inspired every time you write!

    Thanks so much for your ind words, btw. New follower!

    ReplyDelete