3) Apply for an internship with Compassion International in Colorado Springs, CO.
Ever since I decided to become a Public Relations major two years ago, I dreamed about applying to Compassion International Internship program. It seems to be a great summer program, and I like Colorado Springs.
Here are the details:
- Students that graduate between May 2011 and May 2013 are eligible. Check.
- Have a 3.2 GPA. Check.
- It is a 10 week program from May 23, 2011 to August 1, 2011.
- Deadline for application is January 9, 2011.
- Internships available in the Communications Department.
- More detailed job descriptions available December 6, 2010!
- Optional Vision Trip August 4-11, 2011 to Dominican Republic. Cost $1, 200.
- Paid internship of $8 an hour.
- Four day work weeks (Monday through Thursday) and Friday will be a rotating volunteer day.
- Out-of-state students have the option to living with a Compassion host home for $300. Transportation not provided.
Of course, I would have to find a fabulous coffee shop to work in there to incorporate coffee into this adventure. I am not familiar with the area, so I am up for ideas! This idea excites me because it would take care of the summer and fulfill every aspect of what I want this adventure to be.
I would get to see the States as well as another country and get another internship all at the same time.