Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coffee + Ice Cream = The Perfect Match

The first coffee shop we tried in Nashville was Hot & Cold.


After a lovely lunch at Jackson's, we strolled over to a little shop called Hot & Cold to get an afternoon pick-me-up before going to the conference.

The space was so cute, and I was obsessed with the signage...
so creative.


While my cafe latte hit the spot, what got me even more excited about this place was realized they served Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream!

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream is this wonderful ice cream company in Columbus, Ohio, that uses all real and natural ingredients--starting with milk from grass-fed cows. In Springfield, when I want to grant myself a luxury, I will buy her Askinosie chocolate flavor from Homegrown Foods.

It. Is. Heaven.

So I was extremely excited to see her product!



And I just love the concept of combining two delicious things in life:
coffee + ice cream.

(Hence, the name "Hot & Cold")

It goes without saying that we returned the next evening to enjoy some of Jeni's Ice Cream, and even though they did not have my Askinosie flavor I had one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of something else delicious.


One of the workers, oddly enough, had family in Springfield! I love how coffee (and ice cream) bring people together in fun, unique ways!

So if you ever find yourself in Nashville with a sweet tooth, I highly recommend Hot & Cold!

-Coffeegirl

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. how fun! I love it. My godparents live there so I'll have to try it out if I go visit them. you just have a way of finding these spots Bethy. I love it. Could we have a skype date soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Sorry we haven't yet. I now have reliable Internet at my apartment now.

    ReplyDelete