Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Like Mud


One weekend in Ecuador, we had the opportunity to go to The Cloud Forest in Bella Vista.






To be honest, I am not an "outdoorsy" kind of girl,
so I was not looking forward to mosquitoes and hiking.
It did not help that some strange group dynamics unraveled that day,
but I decided I was in
freaking Ecuador in
the Cloud Forest
with monkeys, tropical birds, and awesome plants,
so NOTHING was going to rain on my parade.



We took the hard hike.
I may have taken my happiness
a bit too far.


I literally ran to stay ahead with my goofy galoshes.
I leaped in mud puddles while I waited for the group to catch up.




We trekked through a creek
Yes, we hiked in water up to our knees/waist.
It was exhilarating.




Once I got a taste for the mud,
it was all over...
me anyway.



At the end of our hike, there was a gorgeous waterfall that signified We Made It!
But we still had to hike back,
and I just kept piling on the mud.



My vocab word of the day was barro,
which means mud.
I thought it was appropriate
because I like mud.


-Beth

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment