Monday, June 11, 2012

HUNGERTHON 2012

Last weekend, I had the privilege of volunteering at HUNGERTHON again after two years. 

HUNGERTHON is Ozarks Food Harvest's largest annual fundraiser for their backpack program. 
It is a radio-thon with Alice 95.5, a local radio station, where they spend four days outside telling heartwarming stories on air to encourage people to donate to such a great cause.
All the money raised goes to help fund the backpack program for the Ozarks.



The backpack program is a program for kids who are relying on school to receive food each day, and do not always get a meal over the weekend.
Ozarks Food Harvest, our local food bank, creates the backpacks filled with good food that is easy for a child to prepare, and the backpacks are sent home every Friday with the at-risk students.

Two summers ago, I had my first internship with the PR department at Ozarks Food Harvest, and I learned so much about hunger in the Ozarks as well as valuable career skills I still use everyday.


It was so great to be able to come back and see all the people I worked with that summer.
In fact, we had an intern reunion between my former internship supervisor, Lindsey, her previous intern after me, Sara, and her current intern, Riana.

We snagged a photo to commemorate the occasion!

Sara, Lindsey, Riana and I smile for the camera!

Ozarks Food Harvest is such a great nonprofit.
They were and are huge players in the Joplin tornado relief.
If you are interested in being a part of Ozarks Food Harvest,
check out their website: ozarksfoodharvest.org

Do not forget to give back to your community,

-Coffeegirl
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment